Friday, September 18, 2009

Sekiyan Viginettes: Chicken Soup

"Miresa?"

The brown haired girl groaned and rolled over on her stomach, the auburn tresses nearly swatting the brown haired fairy that hovered by the girl's shoulder.

"Miresa? Are you okay?" the fairy asked again.

"I'b fide, Arude, just bery stubbed ub." the girl sniffled.

"It's only the sniffles, Arune--she'll be fine come the morning." a woman replied as she entered the room with a teacup on a tray.

"The sniffles? Is there anything I can do to help?" Arune asked--Miresa WAS her Other, after all.

"Well, if you do want to make yourself useful, you can make some chicken soup for Miresa." the woman replied as she offered the teacup to Miresa. Miresa eagerly gulped down the warm mixture of honey, mint, and chamomile, then collapsed on the pillow again with a groan

"Chicken soup?"

"That yellow broth I usually make when Miresa is sick?"

"Oh! That!" Arune giggled. "I'm pretty sure I can make that--I've seen Miresa make it too, so how hard can it be for a fairy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers