Monday, September 21, 2009

Some comic verse from Sekiya

It started out like any other day
That lies in the months of spring
Until I tripped on a leg and went flying to the dirt
As a mocking voice said "Watch where you're going!"

As I looked up and saw who spoke
I felt like casting a spell of fire
An obsidian haired girl stood over me
Her confident smirk drawing my deepest ire

"Why did you have to trip me, Halliwen
And send me falling to the ground?"
(I knew full well that if we two fought
We would be matched pound by pound)

"If you must know, Miresa, at magia I'm the best
But if you think you'e better, then here is a little test:
Light the fire upon the stove
That only ignites by power
Then cook a meal by yourself
and have it ready within an hour."

Now, I know at cooking I'm not that great,
and at magia I'm even worse,
But if I succeeded at Halliwen's task,
I would currently be writing a completely different verse

But my "rival's" challenge I did accept
It was only some friendly competition
But the least of my worries came full force
When I tried the spell for ignition

First there came no fire at all
Just a few sparks among the logs of oak
But when I tried playing the spell on the dinner chime
It erupted into a tower of flame and smoke

Which proceeded to blacken all the wood inside
Before one spark leapt from a log
Bounced off some bookshelves, leaving paper singed
Then startling the guard dog

Who yelped and barked with shock and fear
From the ember that had burned him
He looked for a moment to see who had done the deed
Then eyed me--he knew I had spurned him.

I grabbed some water to douse the flames
The dog chasing me all the while
Some water splashed on him and then I wondered
Why did Halliwen pick me to beguile?

I abandoned my meal and ran outside
My challenge now forgotton
But I still needed to calm the dog
So I tried losing him in a field of cotton

The workers present had no idea
That the dog and I were coming
I colllided with one large basket full force
Leaving my mouth full of cotton that felt like it was gumming

The dog was not much better, in his pursuit through the grass
He had picked up burs that the cotton had stuck to
He now looked very much like a sheep
and considering burs were also in his feet
He could've been a duck, too

I was pretty sure an hour or more had passed
Since my misadventure began
If Halliwen knew what had just transpired
She would tell every child, woman and man

I frantically looked on the horizon
For someone that I could explain
Why there were embers all over the kitchen
and the dog was all in pain

And if someone didn't come to intercede for me
I would be in very deep trouble
I looked skyward and prayed to Meikon
"Please send someone, on the double!"

Lady Galia came not long after that
And interceded for me before the high mage
About why I should not be punished
For the kitchen's swath of damage

And although the high mage was quite mad
and Halliwen, she did gloat
I was sent to bed without supper tonight
Confined to my room overlooking the moat

So here I am, penning this verse,
and by Meikon, I am mad
Halliwen, this I promise:
The next time I get my hands on you,
What happens next will be very very bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers