Monday, May 10, 2010

Book Habits Meme:

Credit goes here

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
Nope, I'd hate to get crumbs or Cheeto crud all over my books.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Usually a soda or juice if i have to get a drink.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
No--I like to take care of my books

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Bookmark.

Fiction, nonfiction, or both?
A little of both, but leaning towards fiction.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I try to get to the ends, because I don't like to be left hanging. This has gotten me in trouble before, because sometimes chapters can run a little long.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
No--I'll just shove it back on the shelf and never pick it up again

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Depends on the context--if there's enough that I can figure out the word's meaning on mu own, I don't

What are you currently reading?
The Curse of the Mistwraith (Janny Wurts is AMAZING!!!!)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight (it may be a cheesy 80's fantasy set in a tabletop game's world, there was enough info for me, a non tabletop player, to get what was going on.)

What is the last book you bought?
Don't quite remember

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I prefer to read one at a time, but I have had multiple books going before

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
Just before bedtime.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Series

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Quite a few, but I'd be here all day listing all of them.

How do you organize your books?(by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)
By genre--Fantasy stuff is on top, folktales and reference in the middle, and comics scattered throughout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers