Friday, August 17, 2012

Digital Viginette: The Night of the Awakening

Done in dialogue, courtesy of my partner:

"There you are, Miresa."

"Oh, hello Arune. You must be wondering why I'm out on this hill so late at night."

"Yes, I figured it had to do with you becoming the Gemsinger."

"Well, yes. I was just awakened as the Gemsinger today, and, I wanted a place to sing. I want to see if I can sing a spell."

"Didn't we already help Losi become a member of the Sapphire clan? You looked confident when you were summoning your spells to fend off some of the monsters that attacked in that cave."

"I know, but I still wasn't able to control my spells well. I just started actually casting magic, and I'm not sure I'll be able to master them until I get the Earth Sigil. Speaking of which, I'm not looking forward to that."

"Why so, Miresa?"

"It is said that as soon as I gather the Earth Sigil, the demon lord will sense my presence and know the Gemsinger has awakened. Then, our group will be followed and hunted by demons."

"Do not worry. That's what your friends are for. We'll be with you all the way there."

"That does help cheer me up. But I wouldn't say I'm completely distressed. I'm happy to have been chosen by Meikon to be the Gemsinger."

"I'm surprised at how quickly you have accepted the task of being the Gemsinger!"

"I'm still shocked by the outcome, but I want to protect Shokiyu. Even if I'm going to be chased by demons. I just hope I can become a better mage. I mean, what if I somehow fail to receive the Earth Sigil, or fail to cast another spell?"

"I'm sure that won't happen. Meikon chose you for a reason."

"You're right, Arune. Thank you for your kind words."

"So, if you do want to sing, I'll be here to listen."

"It does help to have an audience while performing. All right, here goes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers