Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Viginette #17

Continuing on our way to Selance
We saw we had a long way to walk
So Bradlin come up with the "brilliant" idea
To have a dragoon fly us there, so all we had to do was relax and talk

So we walked until we saw a dragoon's outpost
With Selance offered as a stop
20 pieces of gold for the trip
In less time than it takes corn to pop

I ponyed up my share of the twenty pieces
And was told when our dragon would come
Less then ten minutes time, they said
Or you can call me a bum

And so ten minutes came and went
With no dragon to be had
Everyone was getting quite antsy
And I was trying not to get mad

A lovely blue dragon came not long after
Her rider well dressed and dashing
An adventurous twinkle came into his eye
As he assured us we would not be crashing

We held on tight as we soared skyward
But before I could enjoy the ride
I looked down to see just where we were
And saw the ocean at high tide!

I told the dragoon that Selance was the other way
And we needed to be going west
But when told we had to dismount and walk that way
Galia said "Surely you jest!"

But no, it was the truth, he said
So we reluctantly climbed off
In the middle of a misty swamp
That made Arune cough

So tonight we're farther away from Selance
And 20 gold pieces less
Whether or not I ride with a dragoon again
Is up to you to guess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers