Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Viginette #38: Appriciation

What's the matter?" Arune asked as she flitted into the chamber, where Miresa was sitting on the bed, sobbing softly. It was rare to see her Other crying, and judging from the tears streaming down her face, this was serious.

"I caused another accident..." Miresa explained in between sobs. "How was i supposed to know that the name of the book I was asked to retrieve for the High Mage also shared the name of a spell?" All I did was name the book to be sure I had the right title, then just is I retrieved my whistle and started a tune, a wave came crashing into the room, flooding the library."

"Were any books salvageable?" Arune asked.

"Yes--an apprentice with Holy magia came and healed the damage and the books, but Halliwen tattled on me, and here I am, confined here without supper." Miresa continued before wiping away another tear. Sometimes I wonder if I am meant to even be here with all the accidents I cause."

"Nonsense, Miresa--you do more good things here than people credit you for." Arune assured Miresa. "You help younger apprentices with their studies, you train hard with your blade each day, you create wonderful music, and most importantly, you know how to comfort someone when they are feeling down."

Miresa dried her eyes. "Now that I think about it, maybe I have good for something here after all..."

"Furthermore, leaving here would be giving up on your dream of becoming a blademage. So don't give up." Arune replied as she offered some small purple berries with a white marking on them to Miresa. "Here...I brought you something to eat."

"Wild starberries! Thank you!" Miresa smiled as she took one of the berries and popped it in her mouth, savoring the sweet and tangy juice inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers