Thursday, January 6, 2011

Viginette #40: Awe

This is it..." Bradlin smiled as he opened the stall door with a creak. "The stall of Eldor's dragon." He took a moment just to admire the deep red scales that pulsed with strength and power. "She's beautiful...."

The dragon perked up at Bradlin's comment. "I'm glad you think so, little one."

Bradlin was confused. "Uh...thanks, I guess?" he stammered, at the same time awed that a dragon had actually spoken to him. "What's this 'little one' thing about?"

"You're a lot smaller than most humans that come here to care for me, and it is odd my master would ask for an apprentice to come here, but as the humans say, 'beggars can't be choosers'" the dragon explained.

"So what do you and Eldor do together?" Bradlin was curious now.

"We fly around the world, keeping watch over the various cities and towns." the dragon explained. "If a city is in danger, those that bid the city harm are burnt with a dragon's flame."

"So you wouldn't hurt me?" Bradlin shook at the thought of being scorched, frozen, or shocked by a dragon's breath.

"Not at all--you are a friend, and I would never harm those that came in peace."

Bradlin smiled as he began laying down some fresh straw and bundling up the old bedding. "Well, as long as the dragonmaster bids me to care for you, I would at least like to know your name..."

"And I likewise." the dragon agreed.

"My name is Bradlin..." Bralin stammered. "Bradlin Paramine."

"A pleasure to meet you, Bradlin." the dragon purred. "I am Glorian."

"Glorian..." Bradlin mused. "That's such a mouthful for me to say...so may I call you Glory for short?"

"Why Glory?"

"Well...you're a beautiful dragon, enough to strike fear in even the heart of the demon lord!" Bradlin explained.

The dragon chuckled a little. "Since you put it so nicely, I rather like that pet name--and you may call me as such, if you wish."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers