Saturday, December 18, 2010

Viginette #26: Anniversary

"You know what today is?" Bradlin asked Miresa as she came into the town library. "Today marks the thirtieth year since the Fifth Gemsinger appeared and began his quest."

"Really?" Miresa was impressed. "Has it really been that long?"

"Didn't you always beg the Seer to tell the story of his clever way of finding the Water Sigil?" Arune asked.

"Yes! I did!" Miresa smiled.

"I remember that story--he was confronted by a moon shaped indentation in the wall of one room, and an inscription that said 'May the moon shine down upon the water and grant thee the water's Sigil.'" Bradlin added. "However, memory escapes me as to how he figured out the puzzle."

"He saw a hole that caused the light from the torch in another room to hit the indentation. So he set a moon shaped jewel he found earlier into the indentation, making the room appear to fill with water." Miresa replied. "Of course, the 'water' was really a blue dragon slime."

"Oh my!" Arune gasped. "How did he defeat it?"

"He sang a Lightning spell--what this spell is depends on who's telling the story--and zapped it, easily earning him the Sigil." Bradlin replied.

"I've heard that the Shrines of the Sigils are enchanted, so no two people will go inside and see it arranged in the exact same way." Miresa noted. "I'd love it if Meikon called me as the Gemsinger and allowed me access."

"You, the Gemsinger? Like THAT'S a Stone of Power!" Bradlin guffawed.

"Haven't you paid attention to what Lady Galia always says?" Miresa retorted. "The High Goddess can call anyone to be the Gemsinger--and anyone means either me or you, despite the fact neither of us can wield magia."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers