Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Viginette #34: Frustration

It started innocently enough
I came to claim the golden coin
That a friend of mine had given to me
When the explorer's club I did join

It was worth 100,000 pieces
Although spending it sounded appealing
I opted to save it, just in case
I needed something like an emergency healing

"Well, where was it last?" Arune said
When I told her it was gone
"I left it here on the table" I said
"It was still there at dawn,"

"And no one broke in and stole it from me
(or at least no one I know)
So now my question to you is
Just where did it go?"

"Have you looked in your room?" Arune pressed further.
"Yes, and it was not there.
And I'm not about to say
Someone took it on a dare."

"I am not saying it was taken." Arune said
"No one else even handled your gift
So accusing someone straight away
Would probably cause a rift."

"But I have no reason to accuse," I said
"since the only hands it touched were mine.
And I have better things to do
Than sit here and whine."

So we looked under every nook and cranny
Behind every piece of furniture, and even cast a spell
To show us hidden places
Or cracks into which it fell.

Just when it seemed all hope was lost
Arune saw a gleam
From an empty container on the table
That used to be holding cream

"See here your coin?" she smiled to me
My treasure found at last
"Now I remember, I put it in there
Like I have done in the past."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers