Thursday, December 30, 2010

Viginette #36: Grace

"But why would you, Glorian, allow me, a lowly apprentice, to enter your stall when I am not technically allowed to be in here?" Bradlin asked as he stared up at the majestic red dragon looming over him. He knew very well that a dragon could attack anyone it deemed an intruder, apprentices included, and he could see the large bulky muscles under its glinting deep red scales. Worse still were the sharp claws capable of tearing a man to shreds--despite the fact that the dragon was calm, it could very well decide to kill him and eat him in a matter of seconds.

"You have shown much kindness to me, little one." came the dragon's reply. "So why would I kill someone that has earned my trust?"

"You really trust me, Glorian?" Bradlin was surprised.

"Yes--I suppose humans call this feeling 'grace'." Glorian assured the human alongside her. "After all, you are one of the many apprentices responsible for my well being."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers