Thursday, December 23, 2010

Viginette #31: Loyalty

This is where Miresa and Arune meet:

"Fine time to be chased by a bat..." Arune grumbled as she frantically tried to wriggle free from the vines that had snagged her wings. She had been trapped there for thirty minutes now, while being pursued by a bat that has mistook her for a mosquito. While trying to elude her pursuer, she thought to pass through a small hole created by some branches, not knowing some vines were there.

Just when she was about to worry about whether or not her fellow Wingblades would have to send a search party to find her and free her, she felt herself being picked up, making her yelp in surprise.

"Oh, did I scare you, miss fairy? I'm sorry." came a reassuring female voice. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay?"

Arune looked before her to see a young girl studying where her wings were snagged. "I must thank you for your kindness, miss." she smiled, ever aware of the small pocketknife that loomed inches from her wings.

"Okay, I'm going to have to cut the vines to get you out." the girl assured Arune. Arune shuddered, but then heard a SNAP! as one vine that had held her went falling to the ground, followed by another SNAP! seconds later, sending her falling into her rescuer's hands.

"Arune?" Arune heard the flit of more fairy wings approaching as her unit approached, with Farfalla leading the way. "I see you found an Other..."

"Yes, this girl rescued me when I got caught up in these vines here..." Arune explained as she gestured to the vines. "With your permission, I'd like to remain with her and protect her in return for her kindness to me.

Farfalla thought for a moment. "If that is what you wish, Arune, permission granted. You two are now Others, sworn to protect each other to the end of time."

Arune turned to look at the girl. "Well, if you are my Other, then I at least want to know your name."

"My name is Miresa." the girl replied as she tucked Arune into her hands. "A pleasure to meet you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers