Sunday, December 26, 2010

Viginette #32: Rivalry

So here I am in my chamber again
Punished for something I didn't mean to do
But since it will calm me down a little
I will explain what happened to you

You see, there's a fellow apprentice named Halliwen
Whose hair is obsidian black
She sees herself as a rival to me
And as such, gives me a lot of flack

And tells me she's the best at everything
(Which couldn't be farther from being true)
But I digress, here's what she did today
To make me feel so blue

She challenged me to make the high mage's stones
Dance a merry little jig
But in the process, I named the wrong spell
Turning one stone into a fig

I did my best to hide my deed
Before the high mage arrived
Halliwen claimed that I had cast the spell on my own choice
But her story was quite contrived

Although I had returned the fig to its true form
The High Mage believed Halliwen's lie
And confined me here without any food
Seemingly till the day I die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adventurers